Monday, October 20, 2008

personal interest 2

I read a blog entitled "Review of Thor 10(4 stars)" which I found on wordpress.com. It is a thurough review of the most recent issue that includes speculations and theories for upcoming issues. There were specific details mentioned by the author that I had noticed when I read Thor #10, but he offered insight into what they might mean or symbolize on a deeper level. An example of this would be the bird in the beginning of the issue possiby being Mephisto in an alternate form, since that was the case in the "One More Day" series. I pray, along with the author, that this is not the case because i do not care for Mephisto as a character either.This is the second "filler" issue in a row, but this does not worry me greatly because I have great faith in the collaborative efforts of Olivier Coipel and Michael Straczynski. While it is frustrating to stray from the main protagonist for the second issue in a row, I trust that this story is going somewhere interesting and that these filler issues will soon be balanced out with more Thor-driven plots.

No comments: